Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy Feast Day, Saint Therese!

Pin It


 

 
First off, a very happy day to everyone
and happy feast day to Saint Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower!
 
 
 
Here's a 'real' picture of lady of the day
(obviously not a real photograph, although those do exist)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
She was one of the first dolls that I made.
 
I made her with a slight sense of urgency for a couple reasons:
I love her (and that would've been enough),
a lot of other people love her (I got a lot of requests),
and there are a TON of resources for children and adults on Saint Therese, so she is fairly familiar to people who may not have a strong devotion to one (or any) saint in particular.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I feel very blessed that the response to the saint dolls has been so positive,
and I have been getting more and more requests for new saints everyday.
For that reason, I haven't had a heck of a lot of other things to share with you (but I'm NOT complaining!)
:)


 
So here are some of the saints that I've been able to complete since I first shared the Catholic Saint Dolls with you...
 
 
 
praying her rosary.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
ready for battle.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
patron saint of musicians
tuned up for her jam sesh.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love her flower head band.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
and the latest addition,
after a flood of requests from you people
 
another one of my faves.
 
I was unsure for awhile how to do his hair,
but ended up just using felt, and I'm pretty happy with the result.
 
However, I have to mention that the most difficult part of this one was getting just the right degree of receding hairline... is that inappropriate? probably. but it's true.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Anywayzz,
I love hearing from all of you
and I especially love that so many people are psyched about the saints.
 
I have gotten a SLEW of requests for Saint Gianna (no surprise there).
 
What other saints would y'all like to see?
I have a list going and would love to hear your thoughts.
 
Also, for all of you thinking about ordering for Christmas, I will have a cut off date which I'll be posting to my Etsy shop soon. Keep in mind that these are made to order after purchase, and are completed in order of purchase. :)
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yes! I'm hoping to have a couple of them. Our Lady of Fatima, Our Lady of Guad, etc.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh, St. Kolbe is FANTASTIC. I mean, they all are, but I have a devotion to him, so I'm partial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Yes, I have to say, he is one of my favorites. I've had a devotion to him for a long time. :)

      Delete
  3. Meg we got our Maximilian Kolbe last week and we LOVE him! I can't wait to give him to our son for his 1st birthday. We will definitely be buying more once we have more babies! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!