Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Downton Abbey Knit Along {and Pattern Review}

Pin It













I saw the teaser for Luv In the Mommyhood's
a couple of weeks ago, and I wasn't going to do it.
I really wasn't.
Too much going on....



















But then on TOP of the teaser,
Shannon posted (via a Pinterest board) many a Downton inspired knit and crocheted projects,
and I saw this:


I die.

Here's my finished product
Soooooo..... I'm in.
Put Meg down for one crocheted cowl, please.
because, yes, I need another cowl.
I have to be competely honest with you all, though...
We're only one episode in, and in my excitement...
I already finished.
In my defense, it was a 2 hour ep... sooo....
I know, I know. Less of a "knit along" and more of an "I just knit that".
Oh well. What are you gonna do?
The good news is
I. Love. This.
Love the yarn.
Love the pattern.
Very very simple and quick thanks to all of the negative space that makes this cowl look lacey.
It's a less than one skein project (hooray!)
The one con I can think of:
not exactly practical for Pittsburgh winter... but Spring Still Winter is just around the corner, right?


I believe that the yarn in the pattern is an acrylic.
I chose a natural wool because I don't always like how some acrylics are "slippery" when you're working with them.
You'll see right off the bat that there are some pros to working with an acrylic yarn for this pattern.
Because it's smoother, it lays a little more nicely (see pattern pic above).
You can also see the stitches more clearly, giving the pattern a more gentile, lacey look.

And here's some pics from the unintentionally
patriotic photo shoot




The wool is stiffer, which I don't mind at all.
It also has a rougher feel, which I also don't mind.
While I love the look of the pattern's pic, I don't know that I'll be wearing mine with a tank, so the wool will not really be against my skin.
To get this crochet pattern, click here.
Highly recommend.
To check in to the knit along and see what everyone else is up to, click this there button below.

downton abbey knit along

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I can't wait to start mine! I have some lonely yarn that needs to be made into a cowl.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is really nice. i am glad you caved and went for it!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!