Monday, August 5, 2013

Wedding Flowers

Pin It
Bride's Bouquet











Maybe I missed my calling.

Who am I kidding? I just enjoy way too many hobbies.

A number of months ago I was asked by a family friend to do her wedding flowers,
and I was soooo psyched and honored.
I did the flowers for my own wedding which were really simple
(not to mention we had a smallish wedding party),
but that's it,
so the fact that Christina even asked was super exciting.
Her faith is great is more than one way.
Twine-wrapped boutonniere
with rose, hypericum berries, and bear grass



Corsage









So I got busy pulling some ideas off of Pinterest and such, talked it over with her,
and decided to give it a go,
and I am so glad I did!









For anyone who hasn't worked with flowers before, it is so fun and addicting.
Once I started, I couldn't stop
which was great, really, because her wedding party was HUUUUUUUUGE!


























The wedding party was so big,
I ended up making these kraft paper tags just so I could keep everything straight.

They worked out perfectly, and helped me keep everything organized.






I love the twine and the burlap with the greens and white roses!
Perfect mix of rustic and elegant.











Altogether, I made 20 boutonnieres, 14 bouquets, 2 altar arrangements, and I don't even know anymore... maybe 8 corsages?

It was a little grueling, but I was so happy with the way everything turned out,
and I would definitely do it all over again.



You can see some more details about the wedding and wedding party over on Ana's (sister of the bride's) blog.
Christina had all of her bridesmaids pick their own dresses, and they were all different shades of green,
so I stuck with mostly white and lighter green flowers and foliage
with lots of roses per Christina's request.









The bouquets were most definitely my favorite.
I wrapped the stems in burlap and then ribbon,
ivory for the bride
and all different shades of green for the bridesmaids.



The bridal bouquet had a lot more white flowers,
with the green hypericum berries and lily grass framing the bottom.



So that's that!
I hope I'm asked to do wedding flowers again.
It really was so much fun,
and such a privilege to do for an amazing couple.



Best wishes, Christina and JW!

4 comments:

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!