Friday, October 14, 2011

Sweet Potato Bread

Pin It


So I love all things sweet potato. Well, let's be honest, I love all things potato...

I feel about sweet potatoes the way that Bubba Blue from Forrest Gump feels about shrimp. I like them baked, mashed, roasted, fried, and the list goes on and on, but to summarize: any preparation will do.


Luckily for me, they've been in abundance (and super cheap) at the farmers market. I've been baking off many of them at a time and then reheating them for lunch, making them into baby food for Ben, etc.  So imagine my delight when one of the featured recipes in Parents magazine this month is for Sweet Potato Quickbread

I noticed it other day and catalogued the recipe in my brain for future use. Then I woke up this morning to cold rain and wind. Gross. So, I flipped the magazine open again and took another look. It looked simple enough, so I gave it a whirl, and let me tell you... it's awesome.


Mind you, this recipe strips away ALL of the nutritional merits of the sweet potato... but it's so worth it. And.... my mouth is watering... going to get another slice...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!