Monday, January 27, 2014

DIY Wedding Invites and Programs

Pin It




I've mentioned that my cousin/one of my favorite people in the universe got married in October.

And I already shared with you the awesome Bridal Luncheon Invitations that my mother made for her.













She then asked me to help with the design of her wedding invitations and programs,
and since I was due with Michael the day before her wedding and therefore couldn't be there in person,
I wanted to be involved in any way that I could.
(Michael, as it turned out, was born during her rehearsal dinner, so I'm glad I stayed in Pittsburgh)
:)


























I love the way the monograming turned out. We used a font called "rage" which is actually many different designs for the different letters. It just so happened that "A" and "E" are the same design.
It's like Amy and Erik were meant to be or something. :)

So we ended up using this same monogram for some place cards and thank you cards as well.























She chose beautiful colors and papers for the invitations,
so I wanted to something really classy and along the same lines for the programs.
We found some really antique grey card stock for the outside, some textured ivory paper for the inserts, and of course bakers twine. I'm such a sucker for baker's twine.


















My mom designed the document for the programs in Photoshop, and then we got to work on printing, cutting down, and assembling them all…
About 20 trips to Michael's and many hours later,
my mom and I finished these guys up.

Luckily, we love this type of thing,
and it kept our minds and hands occupied while we were waiting for Michael's arrival.

I suppose we could have finished a lot earlier if we weren't so neurotic about square vs. rounded corners and font selection and sizes… but then what would be the fun in that?

Thanks, Amy, for letting me be a part of your day even though I couldn't be there in person!
Love you lots.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steelbird is one of the Best automotive filters manufacturers in India. We supply high-quality air filters for the bike, sooty air filter, another automotive air filter, and bike air filter manufacturers in India.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Say goodbye to dullness and hello to radiance with the best serum for glowing skin . Dive into our recommendations for a brighter, more vibrant complexion.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!